There is very much salted fish recipe. But i’d like to share one of my favorite recipe — salted salmon recipe with pickled ginger and lemon. Pink salmon is very healthy and get-at-able fish. It contains not so much fat and it is full of wonderful flavor. With some ginger spicy and lemon it is perfect.
Salted Salmon Tips
You can try vary recipe. Add tomato slices, bay leafs, sake or vodka to get some interesting result.
I took pink salmon fillets with some bones and i had to remove them, but you can ask your fish vendor to do it for you.
- 1.5 pl (700 g) pink salmon fillet
- 2 oz (60 g) pickled ginger
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- 2 tbsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Rinse the salmon under cold water.
- Remove all bones if they are. Cut the fillet on the 3—4 pieces.
- Mix the sugar and salt together.
- Take a big bowl or a pan. Put 1 tbsp of mix and 2 lemon slices to the bottom.
- Then put two salmon fillet skin side down. Sprinkle one tbsp of mix on it. Put some lemon slices and ginger. And cover it other two salmon fillet skin side up.
- Sprinkle last tbsp of mix on the top. Put some lemon slices.
- Place a slightly smaller dish on top of the salmon fillets and place a heavy object, such as a bowl with water, into the second dish to flatten the salmon fillets.
- Transfer the bowl with the salmon fillets to the fridge and leave it for 1 day.
- To serve, slice salted salmon fillet with sharp knife and use in sandwich with avocado and herbs or salad, such as Lomi Lomi Salmon.