Everybody like mashed potato, but do you know that you can do mash of any vegetables and a combination thereof. One of the best vegetable for mash is cauliflower. So we will do mashed cauliflower with other vegetables, like potato and carrot.
Mashed Cauliflower Tips
Look at your vegetables for puree. They are all different. For example cauliflower absorb many water so we have no necessary for milk or water while mashing.
Carrot likes honey, lemon juice, ground cinnamon. So if you mash it without other vegetables remember about spices and seasonings.
Also you can mash cauliflower without any other vegetables, but you have to add some black pepper and may be minced garlic for best flavour.
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 carrot, middle
- 5 potatoes, little
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Steam cauliflower, carrots and potatoes until tender. A fork should easily pierce it.
- Add butter and blend vegetables till completely smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish roasted carrots slices with garlic, pickled olive.
- Serve with fish, like tilapia or salmon.